EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s EEO Rule. This Report is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites. The information contained in this herein covers the time period beginning February 1, 2012 to and including January 31, 2013 (the “Applicable Period”). The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
1. A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the station during the Applicable Period;
2.For each such vacancy, the recruitment sources utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
List of Vacancies:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Traffic Coordinator
Date Filled: March 1, 2012
Recruitment Source of Hiree: Jackson State University HR Web Site
Total # of Interviewees from all sources for this position: 5
Total # of persons interviewed during applicable period, all referred from JSU Web Site: 5
Recruitment Activities undertaken by WJSU:
1. Participation in events sponsored by organizations representing broadcasting groups: April 4, 2012—Jackson State University Mass Communications Day—Supporter.
2. Participation in an internship program for students interested in broadcasting:
-Summer 2012—The Jackson State University Department of Mathematics STEM-FYI Program (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, the Future Youth Investment). WJSU employed 7th through 11th graders, training them in radio production/engineering. Two students were assigned to WJSU.
-February 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013, WJSU trained 7 Jackson State University Mass Communications practicum students in news editing and production.
Request of Notification: WJSU extends employment opportunities to our broadcast community through job postings on our website, as well as through various organizations and publications as appropriate for the position. As the licensee of the station, Jackson State University provides personnel services through its Human Resources division. It is the policy of the University and its departments, divisions and offices, in accordance with all applicable federal laws, not to discriminate in employment practices. If your business would like to be notified of any full-time vacancy, you may contact: WJSU Office Manager, MS e-Center @ JSU, 1230 Raymond Rd., Jackson, MS 39204, 601-979-2285. WJSU and Jackson State University are an Equal Opportunity Employer.